- 3 cups fresh of cranberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1/3 cup raw BKN honey + more if needed (we recommend wildflower or sweet clover for this recipe)
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/2 cup water
- 6 sprays of propolis
- Cinnamon stick
If you have extra left over you can store the sauce in the fridge for up to 3-4 days or freeze it for a few months. The sauce tastes amazing on almond butter toast, on a yogurt parfait topped with bee pollen or even tossed into a smoothie for a festive feel!
- Place a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat and add the cranberries, 1/3 cup of raw unpasteurized honey, orange zest, orange juice, water, and the cinnamon stick.
- You will need to keep stirring occasionally, until the cranberries start to pop and the whole mix starts boiling.
- Continue to keep your mixture boiling until it turns into a sauce like texture, this will take around 15 minutes
- Now comes the fun part… the taste test! Taste the sauce for sweetness. If you find it’s too tart, add more honey until it is too your liking. Remember this ain’t no jam! So you don’t need it to be super sweet, just the perfect tartness!
- Remove the sauce from the container and let it cool. Serve as desired and get ready for hella compliments.